Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sorry God !

I was going through the pictures of a girl, a girl whom I love way more than anything in this whole wide world. At the same time, I was chatting with her boyfriend. I started our conversation exclaiming that she looked really sexy and how I hated God because he did'nt make ME her boyfriend. Her boyfriend was happy and did not hide his pleasure at the raw rules that ‘fate’ had bestowed upon both of us.

I was still busy addressing Mr. God with a plethora of obscenities for having made me a part of such a Fate. Suddenly I got a call from God. He seemed to be upset that I had been under constant and continued resentment about having not been born as a ‘boy-friend’ to a girl I adored so much.

“Have you ever been in doubt or ever suspected that she does not ‘love’ you?” was his first question.

“No”, said I.

“Have you ever been in any sort of qualm regarding the veracity of this emotion in your own heart?”

“No”, said I, once again. ‘No’ seemed to be the only word that I could utter.

“Have you not been able to play with her, laugh and enjoy her presence to your hearts content?”

Even before that question registered itself in the twisty curvy mass of flesh under my skull I so haughtily call ‘The Brain’, Mr. God was already through with his next question.

“Have you ever found it difficult to express your love to her?”

“Have you, like many others hesitated many times fearing rejection from her of your feelings? You tried the same thing with certain other girls, and you have gone through these fears, have you not”

“Have you not hugged her without getting rebuked for that?”

“Have you not kissed her?”

“Have you not lived with her, slept with her, ate and drank with her and that too, for how many years? Are you not going to have this fortune for the rest of your life too? Just imagine, you moron (yea, I am angry!), you are going to be in love with this girl till your last breath. Obviously, you would also have another lady to be with, but despite that you can still kiss this girl, cuddle her, hug her and be merry and happy with her. No one, I repeat; No one would question you on that.”

“I thought I’ve heard you thanking me for blessing you with this ‘unconditional love’ that you term it. Just believe that it cannot be better than this.”

I know that you have never prayed for this to happen, but since you have been complaining a lot, I jus want to you to SHUT YOUR BLOODY FUCKING MOUTH AND THANK ME FOR THIS UNANSWERED PRAYER. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?

I couldn’t utter a single word. All I did was sit with my mouth wide open, aghast at the shout I heard, though just before he hung up, I happened to mutter, "Sorry, God".
Anyway, never again am I going to curse God for making Priya my sister.

1 comment:

SCORPRIA... said...

tears....and only tears....wid an upward curve on ma lips....which ppl call "smile" ...tht's all i can convey, thru unspoken words...a kind of happiness i cant express....even th highest superlative wud be of negligible intensity tu express th happiness thts exploding in my heart....

i love yu, yu lunatic preacher !!!