Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Amor Fati !!

I am still living, I am still thinking; I have to go on living because I have to go on thinking. Sum, ergo cognoto; cognito, ergo sum. Today everyone is permitted to express his desire and dearest thoughts; so I too would like to say what I have desired of myself today and what thought was the first to cross my heart this year – what thought shall be the basis, guarantee and sweetness of all my future life! I want to learn more and more to see what is necessary in things as the beautiful in them – thus I shall become one of those who makes things beautiful. Amor Fati: may that be my love from now on! I want to wage no war against th ugly. I do not want to accuse, I do not want even to accuse the accusers. May looking away be my only form of negation! And, all in all, I want to be at all times hereafter only an affirmer!

No comments: